Keep Your Temple Tuned Up With These Excellent Resources

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Truth About The Lies

First of all let me just start by saying that there is no quick fix to losing weight, maintaining weight, exercise and your health. Please STOP trying all of these gimmicks and quick fixes that you see on television. There is no magic pill, powder, and/or device that will substitute healthy eating and exercise.

If there was such a product, they would have found it already and there wouldn’t be a million and one different products trying to advertise through mass media. Whoever discovered it, would probably make more than Warren Buffet and Bill Gates combined, so don’t believe the hype.

These products are notorious for making promises that they cannot keep. There seems to always be some study that comes out a few years later stating that one of the ingredients can cause detrimental side effects some of which cannot be cured or can cause death.

You are watching paid actors that are paid to tell you what ever they think you want to hear. On a personal note, a few years ago I was approached by one of the major home gym companies. When I went to the audition, I was basically told that I didn’t sell the story. When they asked what I thought of their product, I had to say that I didn’t really know since I didn’t use it. They told me to look in the camera, put a smile on my face and act as if I thought it was the best product in the world. Even though I had the best physique I didn’t get the part, because I couldn’t lie as well as the other people.

Second of all, it is not smart or even healthy to lose a lot of weight at a rapid rate. The faster it comes off, the faster it will come back. Just ask all of the yo-yo dieters. We all know someone that has lost a tremendous amount of weight and then put it all back. It is best to only lose 1-1 1/2 lbs per week. That is why anything that boasts about losing 10 lbs in a week should scare you. If you do lose that much in a week, then the next week you should be in a doctor, nutritionist and/or other health care professional(s) office.

No comments: